mardi 10 mars 2020

My world 5

International Women's Rights Day


Last March 8, International Women's Rights Day, a very symbolic and important day for me. In today's society, we have to campaign and stand up for our rights. As a teenager, I find this period very interesting to learn more about this subject which is feminism.

My older sister, Inès, is very involved in this cause, it is often her who informs me and insists that I get involved even more in this beautiful cause. On Saturday, March 7, she offered to accompany me to the march for women's rights the next day which takes place in Figueres. I directly accepted because it is for me a very nice opportunity to spend time with my sister and to accompany her for something that is very important for her.

On Sunday morning, the two of us carefully prepared two double-sided signs with catchy phrases (see photos below). Later in the afternoon, we took a bus from our town (Castelló d'Empúries) to Figueres. Arriving at our destination, we joined Inès' best friend, Emma. The three of us walked from the bus station to the Rambla de Figueres, where the march started.

19:30, the march begins to move forward, the atmosphere is very happy and all the women and men around us are very friendly. I am very surprised by the number of young people who demonstrate but it makes me very happy.

1:30 later, we arrive in a small square, everyone gathers and it's time to sing together. Very warm moment, we were then offered to eat and drink with everyone but unfortunately, we had to take our bus to go home.

I really enjoyed this experience, I marched for the first time for a cause that I'm attached to and I could feel solidarity and help between humans.


1 commentaire:

  1. Thanks for this My World, Margaux! I go every year to the Women's Day March, unfortunately this year I could not be there, otherwise we'd have met!

    RépondreSupprimer